Hi, I’m moving to the Gold Coast.
I’m 23, from New Zealand, and I’ve been in Brisbane for the last four years. I studied computer science at UQ. I have a lovely girlfriend in Brisbane but she won’t be coming with me, so I’ll be visiting her on weekends.
I’m starting a graduate position at IBM in Southport on 8 February 2016. Moving mid-January would be great, but I can be flexible.
I’m hoping to join an existing household or start a new one with 1-2 people.
Somewhere near the north end of Southport - that’s where the office is, and I like walking to work.
What kind of place?
I’m looking to spend about $200/wk. Could be part of a share house, could be an apartment or townhouse. I don’t need a ton of space, but quiet is good.
Two, maybe three people total.
I’ve never lived in an apartment before, that could be fun…
Here’s a few places:
- This 2-bedroom apartment would be perfect, but it’ll go too soon
- This 2-bedroom unit looks great
- 2-bedroom house with some outdoor space
- 2-bed low-rise apartment
- Another 2-bedroom low-rise apartment
No car, but I might get one for the trips up to Brisbane. I’m okay sharing a bathroom, although an ensuite would be awesome.
I’ve got my own furniture.
I’d want to move in mid-late January. There’s some flexibility.
Hopefully you’ll be clean, respectful of others’ space and happy to hang out and talk about random stuff occasionally. I like big questions that start with “what if?”.
If you just want your space, that’s fine too.
I just want someone who’ll wash up after they’ve finished dinner, you know?
- I like reading, history, music, and video games.
- I’ve been playing a lot of Hearthstone and Team Fortress 2 lately, with some Kerbal Space Program thrown in.
- I used to have a car - pretty keen on driving.
- It’s getting a bit warm for cycling, but in the cooler months I like my bike.
- A lot of computer stuff, of course. Building infrastructure, parsing text, Vim.
- Looking forward to living near the beach!
If you’re still reading - come say hi! My contact details are at the bottom of the page. I’d love to hear from you.